[openstack-dev] Suggestions for students final year project

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Oct 6 17:28:21 UTC 2014

On 10/06/2014 01:14 PM, Patricia Ellis wrote:
> My name is Patricia Ellis, I am a fourth year software development student
> at Cork Institute of Technology. I am looking for ideas for my final year
> project. I have six weeks to get my proposal together and then 13 weeks to
> implement it. I am hoping you might have a suitable project on your wish
> list, one which is of the ”low hanging fruit” variety as my time frame is
> tight.

Hi Patricia:

This is going to be a tough one for anyone to reply to since noone knows
who you are, your interests or what you've done.

My best suggestion is to hop onto irc's freenode server and join
#openstack-dev as well as any other channel on this list that catches
your eye: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC

The first thing you will have to do is learn our workflow, which is
really specific and is the same across all projects:
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/developers.html

You can also look at attending some meetings:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings and find something that you like.

Logs for meetings and channels are here: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/

I hope you can find something that interests you.

Thanks Patricia,
Anita.