[openstack-dev] [All] [I18N] compiling translation message catalogs

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 16:12:24 UTC 2014

Thanks all for your input.
This topic was also discussed in the I18N team meeting this week.

All opinions I got so far are same and we seem to have a consensus.
- not to have mo files (compile message catalogs) in our source git repository.
- to provide a quick documentation on how to generate mo files and deploy them

This consensus raises another question. At now Horizon is the only
affected project.
Is it better to apply this consensus to Juno Horizon release or to
defer it to Kilo?
One concern is that most distributions have already prepared packages for Kilo,
so it might be better not to change now?
I would like to know opinions from distributors like RDO, Debian,
Ubuntu and so on.

Thanks,
Akihiro