[openstack-dev] [Neutron] IPv6 bug fixes that would be nice to have in Juno

Henry Gessau gessau at cisco.com
Fri Oct 3 18:58:36 UTC 2014

There are some fixes for IPv6 bugs that unfortunately missed the RC1 cut.
These bugs are quite important for IPv6 users and therefore I would like to
lobby for getting them into a possible RC2 of Neutron Juno.

These are low-risk fixes that would not jeopardize the stability of Neutron.

1. Network:dhcp port is not assigned EUI64 IPv6 address for SLAAC subnet
Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1330826
Fix: https://review.openstack.org/101433

2. Cannot set only one of IPv6 attributes while second is None
Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1363064
Fix: https://review.openstack.org/117799

The third one will probably not be allowed since it requires a string freeze
exception, but I will mention it anyway ...

3. IPv6 slaac is broken when subnet is less than /64
Bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1357084
Fix: https://review.openstack.org/116525