[openstack-dev] Quota management and enforcement across projects

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 17:47:41 UTC 2014

Keeping the enforcement local (same way policy works today) helps limit the
fragility, big +1 there.

I also agree with Vish, we need a uniform way to talk about quota
enforcement similar to how we have a uniform policy language / enforcement
model (yes I know it's not perfect, but it's far closer to uniform than
quota management is).

If there is still interest of placing quota in keystone, let's talk about
how that will work and what will be needed from Keystone . The previous
attempt didn't get much traction and stalled out early in implementation.
If we want to revisit this lets make sure we have the resources needed and
spec(s) in progress / info on etherpads (similar to how the multitenancy
stuff was handled at the last summit) as early as possible.

Cheers,
Morgan

Sent via mobile