[openstack-dev] [Ironic][Ceilometer] IPMI Sensor naming in Ceilometer

Jim Mankovich jmank at hp.com
Fri Oct 3 14:37:16 UTC 2014

Hello All,

In a nutshell, I've found the current IPMI Ceilometer sensor naming
structure difficult to deal with from a programmatic perspective if a
consumer wants to simply read all the sensors for a given Ironic Node.
The current naming scheme just doesn't seem to provide a simple fast way
to get all the sensors for a given Ironic Node from Ceilometer.

I detailed what I learned and proposed a potential alternative naming
structure to the Ironic/Ceilometer bugs as
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ironic/+bug/1377157

I am curious as to what the intended use model was for the current
naming scheme?

Regards,
Jim

--