[openstack-dev] [Glance] Let's deprecate the GridFS store (Fwd: [Openstack] [Glance] GridFS Store: Anyone using it?)

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Fri Oct 3 08:09:14 UTC 2014

Greetings,

I've sent the email below to the OpenStack users mailing list trying to
get feedback from users on what to do with the GridFS driver.

We haven't had bugs filed on this driver nor users have provided any
feedback. This all leads me to think that it's actually not being used
at all. With that in mind, I propose marking this driver as deprecated
in Kilo.

I wonder if we could simply remove it based on the above _assumption_

Cheers,
Flavio