[openstack-dev] [all][tc] governance changes for "big tent" model

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Oct 2 21:16:10 UTC 2014

As promised at this week’s TC meeting, I have applied the various blog posts and mailing list threads related to changing our governance model to a series of patches against the openstack/governance repository [1].

I have tried to include all of the inputs, as well as my own opinions, and look at how each proposal needs to be reflected in our current policies so we do not drop commitments we want to retain along with the processes we are shedding [2].

I am sure we need more discussion, so I have staged the changes as a series rather than one big patch. Please consider the patches together when commenting. There are many related changes, and some incremental steps won’t make sense without the changes that come after (hey, just like code!).

Doug

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/governance+branch:master+topic:big-tent,n,z
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/big-tent-notes