[openstack-dev] [Nova] Some ideas for micro-version implementation

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 16:30:14 UTC 2014

On 10/02/2014 09:54 AM, Brant Knudson wrote:
> When discussing the document schema I think we're planning to use
> JSONSchema... In Keystone, we've got J-S implemented on some parts (I
> don't think it covers all resources yet). I also don't think our
> JSONSchema is discoverable yet (i.e., you can't download the schema from
> the server). I haven't heard of other projects implementing this yet,
> but maybe someone has.

Glance v2 API has had entirely discoverable API via JSONSchema for years
now:

http://developer.openstack.org/api-ref-image-v2.html#image-schemas-v2

The oscomputevnext API I proposed also has fully discoverable resources
(JSONSchema+JSON-HAL documents):

http://docs.oscomputevnext.apiary.io/#schema

and paths (JSONHome):

http://docs.oscomputevnext.apiary.io/#openstackcomputeapiroot

So, it's definitely doable and definitely doable without the mess of API
extensions that litters Nova, Neutron (and Keystone...)

Best,
-jay