[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Multi-clouds integration by OpenStack cascading

Tiwari, Arvind arvind.tiwari at hp.com
Thu Oct 2 15:13:50 UTC 2014

Hi Huang,

Thanks for looking in to my proposal.

Yes, Alliance is will be utilizing/retain all Northbound service APIs, in addition it will expose APIs for inter Alliance (inter cloud) communication. Alliance will be running at topmost layer on each individual OpenStack Cloud of multi-site distributed cloud setup. Additionally Alliance will provide loosely coupled integration among multiple clouds or cloudyfied data center.

In case of multi regions setup “regional Alliance” (RA) will orchestrate the resource (project, VMs, volumes, network ….) provisioning and state synchronization through its peers RA. In case cross enterprise integration (Enterprise/VPC/bursting like scenario) <-----> multi site public cloud) “global Alliance” (GA) will be interface for external integration point and communicating with individual RAs.  I will update the wiki to make it more clear.

I will love to coordinate with your team and solve this issue together,  I will be reaching there in Paris on 1 Nov and we can site f2f before session. Let’s plan a time to meet, Monday will be easy for me.

Thanks,
Arvind