[openstack-dev] [kolla] Kolla Blueprints

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Wed Oct 1 21:05:23 UTC 2014

Has anyone figured out a way of having a floating ip like feature with docker so that you can have rabbitmq, mysql, or ceph mon's at fixed ip's and be able to migrate them around from physical host to physical host and still have them at fixed locations that you can easily put in static config files?

Maybe iptables rules? Maybe adding another bridge? Maybe just disabling the docker network stack all together and binding the service to a fixed, static address on the host?

Also, I ran across: http://jperrin.github.io/centos/2014/09/25/centos-docker-and-systemd/ and it does seem to work. I was able to get openssh-server and keystone to work in the same container without needing to write custom start/stop scripts. This kind of setup would make a nova compute container much, much easier.

Thanks,
Kevin