[openstack-dev] django-pyscss failing with Django 1.7

Douglas Fish drfish at us.ibm.com
Wed Oct 1 17:50:22 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

I have a few suggestions inline that I hope will be helpful!

> From: Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
> To: Douglas Fish/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS, Justin Pomeroy/Rochester/IBM at IBMUS
> Date: 09/30/2014 10:26 PM
> Subject: Fwd: Re: [openstack-dev] django-pyscss failing with Django 1.7
>
> FYI in case one of you can provide some guidance. Thomas is a Debian
> packager.

Django
> > 1.7.

I'm not sure that's really your root cause.  It seems like it _should_
exist.
I think it comes from
https://github.com/django/django/blob/master/django/contrib/staticfiles/finders.py#L71

What error message do you see?

> > Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Would it be ok to just revert
> > that commit in my Debian package?

Have you engaged with the django_pyscss guys at
https://github.com/fusionbox/django-pyscss ?
They were helpful and responsive to me when I interacted with them.

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Thomas Goirand (zigo)
>
> I produced this patch:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/python-django-pyscss.git/
> tree/debian/patches/fix-storage.prefix-not-found.patch

It looks like an accurate revert to me.  At first glance I don't see why
its functionally different.  Do you know why the revert works?