[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Multi-clouds integration by OpenStack cascading

loy wolfe loywolfe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 08:13:41 UTC 2014

Hi Joe and Cellers,

I've tried to understand relationship between Cell and Cascading. If
Cell has been designed as below, would it be the same as Cascading?

1) Besides Nova, Neutron/Ceilometer.. is also hierarchically
structured for scalability.

2) Child-parent interaction is based on REST OS-API, but not internal
rpc message.

By my understanding, core idea of Cascading is that each resource
building block(like child cell) is a clearly separated autonomous
system, with the already defined REST OS-API as the NB integration
interface of each block, is that right?

So, what's the OAM and business value? Is it easy to add a building
block POD into the running production cloud, while this POD is from a
different Openstack packager and has its own deployment choice:
Openstack version release(J/K/L...), MQ/DB type(mysql/pg,
rabbitmq/zeromq..), backend drivers, Nova/Neutron/Cinder/Ceilometer
controller-node / api-server config options...?

Best Regards
Loy