[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Nailgun API log verbosity

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Thu Nov 27 14:52:03 UTC 2014

Hi, Ivan,

Yes, as you already mentioned, we can't just remove part of received
message because the log will become useless. But still we need to
solve the issue and here's my thoughts.

> Log data on nodes

As far as I remember, we have nailgun agent's log on nodes, but it's
another story. I mean, nailgun agent's log shows us what was sent to
Nailgun, but not what was received by Nailgun.

> Implement debug mode feature (increase verbosity by clicking/checking option on web ui/cli)

In that case we can't be able to debug our custmers' envs, because
they may have this option turned off.

>  Increase log rotation interval, i.e. to one week. This will decrease log size without making it less verbose

I think this is the best that we can offer now. So I vote for this.

- Igor