[openstack-dev] [Telco] [NFV] [Heat] Telco Orchestration

Georgy Okrokvertskhov gokrokvertskhov at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 26 19:00:30 UTC 2014

Hi Mathieu,

>Can you tell us more about those projects? Does it include
>mutli-datacenter use cases?

Most of this work was done as a custom projects for customers. I have to
ask them for a permission to share details.
We do not support multi-datacenter placement officially, but this feature
was developed for one of the customer and now is under review in upstream.
Here is a review link: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/125717/

Technically we can create multiple Heat stacks in different regions and
orchestrate Heat stack updates with proper resources through Murano
workflows.

>Can you provide us a link to such a Murano Application, how you define
>dependencies with apps, and how you translate those dependencies in
>networking configuration?

As I told, this was a custom work for customers, so they own these
packages. The best example we have publically available is here:
https://github.com/sergmelikyan/murano-app-incubator/blob/f5-loadbalancer/io.murano.traffic.f5.NeutronLoadBalancer/Classes/F5NeutronLoadBalancer.yaml

As you see, we do not translate dependencies to network configs. Instead of
translation we just provide a way to script necessary steps and expose them
as workflows or "functions" which can be invoked by other applications. In
this example we have F5LB which adds a Neutron resources to Heat template
to create VIP and Pool Memebers and then extends F5 configuration by adding
F5 specific LB method and adding IRule for redirect via calling BIGIP API
directly. Here is an application wich has a dependency for LB:
https://github.com/sergmelikyan/murano-app-incubator/blob/f5-loadbalancer/io.murano.apps.SimpleWebApp/Classes/SimpleWebApp.yaml

Dependency is a generic
loadBalancer:Contract: $.class(traffic:LoadBalancer)
Based on which actual LoadBalancer implementation is selected by user
during confutation step (NeutronLB or F5NeutronLB) the result of execution
of these lines
https://github.com/sergmelikyan/murano-app-incubator/blob/f5-loadbalancer/io.murano.apps.SimpleWebApp/Classes/SimpleWebApp.yaml#L42-L43
will be different.

Thanks