[openstack-dev] #Personal# Ref: L3 service integration with service framework

Priyanka Chopra priyanka.chopra at tcs.com
Wed Nov 26 13:28:27 UTC 2014

Hi Gary, All,

This is with reference to blueprint - L3 router Service Type Framework and
corresponding development at github repo.

I noticed that the patch was abandoned due to inactivity. Wanted to know
if there is a specific reason for which the development was put on hold?

I am working on a Use-case to enable neutron calls (L2 and L3) from
OpenStack to OpenDaylight neutron. However presently ML2 forwards the L2
calls to ODL neutron, but not the L3 calls (router and FIP).
With this blueprint submission the L3 Service framework (that includes L3
driver, agent and plugin) will be completed and hence L3 calls from
OpenStack can be redirected to any controller platform. Please suggest in
case anyone else is working on the same or if we can do the enhancements
required and submit the code to enable such a usecase.

Best Regards
Priyanka
and any attachments. Thank you