[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Separate code freeze for repos

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 26 13:23:58 UTC 2014

I envision it in the following way:

   1. stable/6.0 is created for fuel-main along with stable branch for
   other repo, which is under consideration, like fuel-web
   2. In stable/6.0 of fuel-main, config.mk should be changed to refer to
   stable/6.0 for one of the repos, like fuel-web. master branch is still used
   for all other repos
   3. All our jobs (Fuel CI, system tests, etc.) are forked, like we do at
   HCF. One set should point to stable/6.0, another to master of fuel-main.
   4. Mirror has to be created for 6.1 immediately too, as we are opening
   master for fuel-main
   5. System tests should be analyzed for regression by QA or Dev team.
   6. As other repos start satisfying criteria, we can simply change branch
   name in config.mk

> should we pass config.mk variables from Jenkins side
I do not think we should change job configs. Let's do changes only in
source code, otherwise we will end up with having two places for
configuration.

This is pretty massive change, and it will require testing of
infrastructure for possible fork in advance, and creating a separate
checklists for it.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Aleksandra Fedorova <afedorova at mirantis.com

Mike Scherbakov
#mihgen