[openstack-dev] [NFV][Telco] pxe-boot

Angelo Matarazzo angelo.matarazzo at dektech.com.au
Tue Nov 25 22:33:55 UTC 2014

Hi all,
my team and I are working on pxe boot feature very similar to the
"Discless VM" one  in Active blueprint list[1]
The blueprint [2] is no longer active and we created a new spec [3][4].

Nova core reviewers commented our spec and the first and the most
important objection is that there is not a compelling reason to
provide this kind of feature : booting from network.

Aside from the specific implementation, I think that some members of
TelcoWorkingGroup could be interested in  and provide a use case.
I would also like to add this item to the agenda of next meeting

Any thought?

Best regards,
Angelo

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TelcoWorkingGroup#Active_Blueprints