[openstack-dev] [cinder] Anyone Using the Open Solaris ZFS Driver?

Jay S. Bryant jsbryant at electronicjungle.net
Tue Nov 25 19:56:50 UTC 2014

Monty,

I agree that upgrade is not a significant concern right now if the
existing driver is not working.

Drew,

I am having trouble following where you guys are currently at with this
work.  I would like to help get you guys up and going during Kilo.

I am concerned that maybe there is confusion about the
blueprints/patches that we are all talking about here.  I see this
Blueprint that was accepted for Juno and appears to have an associated
patch merged:  [1]  I also see this Blueprint that doesn't appear to be
started yet: [2]  So, can you help me understand what it is you are
hoping to get in for Kilo?

I know that you have been concerned about CI.  For new drivers we are
allowing some grace period to get things working.  Once we get the
confusion over blueprints worked out and have some code to start
reviewing we can continue to discuss that issue.

Look forward to hearing back from you!
Jay

[1]
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/cinder/+spec/oracle-zfssa-cinder-driver