[openstack-dev] [Congress] Reactive enforcement specs

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 14:31:40 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Since the meeting time would be 1:00am in the morning in China, I'm afraid
I probably won't make it at IRC. As I have left comments on
policy-event-trigger and explicit-reactive-enforcement, my colleague and I
are interested in these specs, and would like to provide work on coding
accordingly.

Thanks !

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Tim Hinrichs <thinrichs at vmware.com> wrote:

>  Hi all,
>
>  Recently there’s been quite a bit of interest in adding reactive
> enforcement to Congress: the ability to write policies that tell Congress
> to execute actions to correct policy violations.  We’re planning to add
> this feature in the next release.  I wrote a few specs that split this work
> into several bite-sized pieces (one was accidentally merged
> prematurely—it’s still up for discussion).
>
>  Let’s discuss these over Gerrit (the usual spec process).  We’re trying
> to finalize these specs by the middle of next week (a little behind the
> usual OpenStack schedule).  For those of you who haven’t left comments via
> Gerrit, you need to ...
>
>  1) log in to Gerrit using your Launchpad ID,
> 2) leave comments on specific lines in individual files by double-clicking
> the line you’d like to comment on,
> 3) click the Review button on the initial page
> 4) click the Publish Comments button.
>
>  Add triggers to policy engine (a programmatic interface useful for
> implementing reactive enforcement)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130010/
>
>  Add modal operators to policy language (how we might express reactive
> enforcement policies within Datalog)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134376/
>
>  Action-execution interface (how we might modify data-source drivers so
> they can execute actions)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134417/
>
> Explicit reactive enforcement (pulling all the pieces together)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134418/
>

>  There are a number of additional specs generated since the summit.  Feel
> free to chime in on those too.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:stackforge/congress-specs,n,z
>
>  Tim

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute affcienado