[openstack-dev] [Telco] [NFV] [Heat] Telco Orchestration

Marc Koderer marc at koderer.com
Tue Nov 25 14:14:41 UTC 2014

Hi Angus,

Am 25.11.2014 um 12:48 schrieb Angus Salkeld <asalkeld at mirantis.com>:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Marc Koderer <marc at koderer.com>wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as discussed during our summit sessions we would like to expand the scope
> of the Telco WG (aka OpenStack NFV group) and start working
> on the orchestration topic (ETSI MANO).
>
> Therefore we started with an etherpad [1] to collect ideas, use-cases and
> requirements.
>
> Hi Marc,
>
> You have quite a high acronym per sentence ratio going on that etherpad;)

Haha, welcome to the telco world :)

> From Heat's perspective, we have a lot going on already, but we would love to support
> what you are doing.

That’s exactly what we are planning. What we have is a long list of use-cases and
requirements. We need to transform them into specs for the OpenStack projects.
Many of those specs won’t be NFV specify, for instance a Telco cloud will be highly
distributed. So what we need is a multi-region heat support (which is already a planned
feature for Heat as I learned today).

> You need to start getting specific about what you need and what the missing gaps are.
> I see you are already looking at higher layers (TOSCA) also check out Murano as well.

Yep, I will check Murano.. I never had a closer look to it.

Regards
Marc