[openstack-dev] [Fuel] fuel master monitoring

Przemyslaw Kaminski pkaminski at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 21 08:17:21 UTC 2014

I have nothing against using some 3rd party service. But I thought this
was to be small -- disk monitoring only & notifying the user, not stats
collecting. That's why I added the code to Fuel codebase. If you want
external service you need to remember about such details as, say,
duplicate settings (database credentials at least) and I thought this
was an overkill for such simple functionality. Also, for a 3rd party
service, notification injecting code still needs to be written as a
plugin -- that's why I also don't think Ruby is a good idea :)

So in the end I don't know if we'll have that much less code with a 3rd
party service. But if you want a statistics collector then maybe it's OK.

I found some Python services that might suit us:

https://github.com/google/grr
https://github.com/BrightcoveOS/Diamond

P.