[openstack-dev] [Nova] Tracking Kilo priorities

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu Nov 20 10:24:21 UTC 2014

Le 20/11/2014 11:15, John Garbutt a écrit :
> On 20 November 2014 09:25, Sylvain Bauza <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Le 20/11/2014 10:17, Michael Still a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as discussed at the summit, we want to do a better job of tracking the
>>> progress of work on our priorities for Kilo. To that end, we have
>>> agreed to discuss the current state of these at each nova meeting.
>>>
>>> I have created this etherpad:
>>>
>>>       https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-nova-priorities-tracking
>>>
>>> If you are the owner of a priority, please ensure it lists the reviews
>>> you currently require before the meeting tomorrow. If you could limit
>>> your entry to less than five reviews, that would be good.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Michael
>>>
>> I'm anticipating a little bit, but as next week it will be Thanksgiving for
>> our US peers, do you envisage any other exceptional timeslot for reviewing
>> priorities ?
>>
>> As the meetings are alternating, that means that people in EU timezones
>> aren't able to attend weekly meetings until Dec 11th, which is one week
>> before Kilo-1 milestone.
> I assume this is in reference to the Kilo-1 deadline for kilo
> nova-specs to be merged?

Agreed, I was unclear.

> I do hope to track the specs for all the priorities very closely.
> Adding your spec reviews into the above etherpad would help me find
> them.

Already had 2 reviews related to specs, but as Michael gently said, I
don't want to provide all the specs related to the scheduler effort as
there are 9 in parallel. We're tracking our effort on a separate
wikipage in https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Gantt/kilo#Tasks

> Certainly anything on the list gets priority, so I would expect most
> spec deadline exceptions to be related to items on that high priority
> list.

I truly appreciate this.

-Sylvain