[openstack-dev] [glance] Parallels loopback disk format support

Nikhil Komawar nikhil.komawar at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Nov 20 00:33:13 UTC 2014

It would be good to have a small BP for bookkeeping purposes to the very least. (If you ping me on IRC when this is ready, promise to make this less painful). The idea being a good way to "publish" the image formats supported by Glance. Besides, this calls for Opt and Doc change which shall be reflected in release notes and such so good to have a spec/BP.

Thanks,
-Nikhil

From: Fei Long Wang [feilong at catalyst.net.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 4:39 PM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [glance] Parallels loopback disk format support

IIUC, the blueprint just want to add a new image format, and no code
change in Glance, is it? If that's the case, I'm wondering if we really
need a blueprint/spec. Because the image format could be configured in
glance-api.conf. Please correct me if I missed anything. Cheers.

On 20/11/14 02:27, Maxim Nestratov wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> In scope of these changes [1], I would like to add a new image format
> into glance. For this purpose there was created a blueprint [2] and
> would really appreciate if someone from glance team could review this
> proposal.

> [2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/pcs-support
>
> Best,
>
> Maxim Nestratov,
> Lead Software Developer,
> Parallels

Cheers & Best regards,
Fei Long Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington