[openstack-dev] [Glance] Recall for previous iscsi backend BP

Alex Meade mr.alex.meade at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:04:53 UTC 2014

Hey Henry/Folks,

I think it could make sense for Glance to store the volume UUID, the idea
is that no matter where an image is stored it should be *owned* by Glance
and not deleted out from under it. But that is more of a single tenant vs
multi tenant cinder store.

It makes sense for Cinder to at least abstract all of the block storage
needs. Glance and any other service should reuse Cinders ability to talk to
certain backends. It would be wasted effort to reimplement Cinder drivers
as Glance stores. I do agree with Duncan that a great way to solve these
issues is a third party transfer service, which others and I in the Glance
community have discussed at numerous summits (since San Diego).

-Alex