[openstack-dev] CI for NUMA, SR-IOV, and other features that can't be tested on current infra.

Irena Berezovsky irenab at mellanox.com
Wed Nov 19 07:20:23 UTC 2014

From: Joe Gordon [mailto:joe.gordon0 at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:54 AM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] CI for NUMA, SR-IOV, and other features that can't be tested on current infra.

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 5:31 AM, Irena Berezovsky <irenab at mellanox.com<mailto:irenab at mellanox.com>> wrote:
Hi Steve,
Regarding SR-IOV testing, at Mellanox we have CI job running on bare metal node with Mellanox SR-IOV NIC.  This job is reporting on neutron patches. Currently API tests are executed.
The contact person for SRIOV CI job is listed at driverlog:
https://github.com/stackforge/driverlog/blob/master/etc/default_data.json#L1439

The following items are in progress:
 - SR-IOV functional testing

Where do you envision these tests living?
[IrenaB] Initially in our local tempest repository

 - Reporting CI job on nova patches

Looking forward to it. I assume you will be working with the other people trying to set up assorted CI systems in this space.
[IrenaB] We already have basic setup in place, but CI job is still not reporting. It will start reporting once we have reasonable test coverage. We definitely look into collaboration with other people with regards to SR-IOV testing.

 - Multi-node setup
It worth to mention that we   want to start the collaboration on SR-IOV testing effort as part of the pci pass-through subteam activity.
Please join the weekly meeting if you want to collaborate or have some inputs: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Passthrough

BR,
Irena