[openstack-dev] [tc][neutron] Proposal to split Neutron into separate repositories

Mark McClain mark at mcclain.xyz
Tue Nov 18 23:33:42 UTC 2014

> On Nov 18, 2014, at 5:45 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>
> There would not be a service or REST API associated with the Advanced Services code base? Would the REST API to talk to those services be part of the Neutron repository?
>
> Doug

We had considered having a standalone REST service, but the Advance Services need a level of integration with Neutron that is more than REST and RPC can provide.  So the initial plan is to have the operator configure the Neutron REST service to load the appropriate Advance Service controller modules.  This would enable the operators to continue to deploy a single endpoint and preserve existing user tools.

The integration interface would be formalized as part of the current refactoring work being completed during the Kilo cycle.

mark