[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Stale patches

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Nov 18 14:39:47 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-18 05:55:55 +0000 (+0000), Kenichi Oomichi wrote:
> I am not concentrating on Neutron devs, but I also have the same
> feeling on the other area devs. I also cannot abandon the other
> developers' patches even if non-activities against some negative
> feedback.

This has come up before... if you don't want to see stale patches
you can use Gerrit queries or custom dashboards to only show you
patches with recent activity. If all patches older than some
specific date get abandoned, then that impacts the view of these
patches for every reviewer. Selectively abandoning patches because
they're no longer relevant makes sense, but just automatically
abandoning them because _some_ reviewers don't want to see old
changes is a disservice to other reviewers who don't have the same
personal preference. I'd rather our infrastructure empowered
reviewers to look at the changes they *want* to see, not tell them
which changes they're *supposed* to review.
--
Jeremy Stanley