[openstack-dev] [Horizon] the future of angularjs development in Horizon

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Tue Nov 18 11:54:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 09:36:00PM +1100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I guess I got the message that turning bower packages into system packages
> was something that the Linux packagers were not keen on. Did I get the
> message wrong there? If so, *and* we can get the bower stuff through #infra
> and global-requirements then yes, we should totally try to avoid adding the
> xstatic layer :)

For me, it's more work to turn packages into bower, or to translate
bower packages to system packages.

But that is purely because we don't have bower packaged currently in Fedora.
I would vote for the cleaner way (whatever that is).

XStatic is obviously not the cleanest way, but a good compromise in most
situations.

Matthias

--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>