[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] ZeroMQ driver maintenance next steps

Eric Windisch eric at windisch.us
Mon Nov 17 22:21:53 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 3:33 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja at outlook.com> wrote:

> It should already be running.
>
> Tooz has been testing with it[1]. Whats running in ubuntu is an older
> redis though so don't expect some of the new > 2.2.0 features to work until
> the ubuntu version is pushed out to all projects.

The redis (soft) requirement for the ZeroMQ driver shouldn't require a
newer version at all.

Also, since I have a platform, I'll note that the redis "matchmaker" driver
is just a reference implementation I tossed together in a day.  It's
convenient because it eliminates the need for a static configuration,
making tempest tests much easier to run and generally easier for anyone to
deploy, but it's intended to be an example of hooking into an inventory
service, not necessarily the defacto solution.

--
Regards,
Eric Windisch