[openstack-dev] Process for program without lead

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Mon Nov 17 16:16:52 UTC 2014

In the last two elections there was a program that was in the last hours
of the nomination period before someone stepped up to lead. Currently
there is no process for how to address leadership for a program should
the nomination period expire without a someone stepping forward. I would
like to discuss this with the goal of having a process should this
situation arise.

By way of kicking things off, I would like to propose the following process:
    Should the nomination period expire and no PTL candidate has stepped
forward for the program in question, the program will be identified to
the TC by the election officials.
    The TC can appoint a leadership candidate by mutual agreement of the
TC and the candidate in question.
    The appointed candidate has all the same responsibilities and
obligations as a self-nominated, elected PTL.

I welcome ideas and discussion on the above situation and proposed solution.

Thank you,
Anita.