[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] ZeroMQ driver maintenance next steps

Eric Windisch eric at windisch.us
Mon Nov 17 15:12:32 UTC 2014

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 8:43 AM, Denis Makogon <dmakogon at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Good day, Stackers.
>

> During Paris Design summit oslo.messaging session was raised good question
> about maintaining ZeroMQ driver in upstream (see section “dropping ZeroMQ
> support in oslo.messaging” at [1]) . As we all know, good thoughts are
> comming always after. I’d like to propose several improvements in process
> of maintaining and developing of ZeroMQ driver in upstream.

I'm glad to see the community looking to revive this driver. What I think
could be valuable if there are enough developers is a sub-team as is done
with Nova. That doesn't mean to splinter the community, but to provide a
focal point for interested developers to interact.

I agree with the idea that this should be tested via Tempest. It's easy
enough to mask off the failing tests and enable more tests as either the
driver itself improves, or support in consuming projects and/or
oslo.messaging itself improves. I'd suggest that effort is better spent
there than building new bespoke tests.

Thanks and good luck! :)

Regards,
Eric Windisch