[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Separate horizon and openstack_dashboard

Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis yves-gwenael.bourhis at cloudwatt.com
Mon Nov 17 12:28:45 UTC 2014

Le 11/11/2014 09:30, Jiri Tomasek a écrit :
> From what was discussed on contributors meetup, keeping the names
> 'horizon' for the lib (framework) and 'openstack_dashboard' for
> dashboard seemed most convenient. And I happen to aggree with that.

+1

We also discussed the fact that we could keep the names to the
"modules", but rename only the "packages".

pip install horizon_lib -> installs the horizon module
pip install horizon -> installs openstack_dashboard.

This would allow using the new names for the packages without braking
the existing code depending on the libraries which import them.

--
Yves-Gwenaël Bourhis