[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Default templates for Sahara feature in 6.0

Mike Scherbakov mscherbakov at mirantis.com
Mon Nov 17 11:41:10 UTC 2014

I'm fine with getting this patch in...
though a few things should be fixed first, in my opinion:

   1. I don't see a header in the blueprint, who is responsible for what.
   See example in the blueprint:
   https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/send-anon-usage (Feature
   Lead, QA, etc.)
   2. There is no fuel-spec associated. If this is very minor thing to
   address, which doesn't affect anything beyond, then we probably better to
   track this as bug.
   3. Currently, it's not very clear to me from description what this is
   for. Can you please provide more information, ideally what are the use
   cases, and acceptance criteria for proposed functionality?

We have FF deadline not just because features can affect other features
stability, but also because we will need time to assure they are of
production quality by themselves. Slipping this to the end of the release
naturally increases risks for quality.

Thanks,

On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 3:51 AM, Dmitry Mescheryakov <
dmescheryakov at mirantis.com> wrote:

> Oops, the last line should be read as
> "On the other side, it is a nice UX feature we really want to have 6.0"
>
> Dmitry

> :
>
>> Dmitry,
>>
>> Lets review the CR from the point of danger to current deployment
>> process: in the essence it is 43 lines of change in puppet module. The
>> module calls a shell script which always returns 0. So whatever happens
>> inside, the deployment will not fail.
>>
>> The only changes (non-get requests) the script does, it does to Sahara.
>> It tries to upload cluster and node-group templates. That is not dangerous
>> operation for Sahara - in the worst case the templates will just not be
>> created and that is all. It will not affect Sahara correctness in any way.
>>
>> On the other side, it is a nice UX feature we really want to have 5.1.1.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dmitry

>>> +286 lines a week after Feature Freeze, IMHO it's too late to make an
>>> exception for this one.

>>> [2].
>>> other
>>> change