[openstack-dev] [Nova] v2 or v3 for new api

Pasquale Porreca pasquale.porreca at dektech.com.au
Mon Nov 17 09:00:37 UTC 2014

Thank you for the clarification, yes I know about the
blueprint/specification, I submitted yet them and the spec is currently
under review :)

I noticed there are several steps one has always to do to enable and
make a v3 api to work and pass the tests. It would be awesome to have a
guideline or something similar that explain these steps, but I didn't
find anything in wiki or documentation.

In particular I noticed I had to modify the file
nova/nova.egg-info/entry_points.txt to make my v3 api to load, but this
file seems not to be under versioning, is this file modified only after
the changes are merged?

On 11/16/14 23:55, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Pasquale Porreca
> <pasquale.porreca at dektech.com.au
> <mailto:pasquale.porreca at dektech.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     Hello
>
>     I am working on an api for a new feature in nova, but I am
>     wondering what is the correct way to add a new extension: should
>     it be supported by v2, v3 or both?
>

> You need now to have at least a v2.1 (formerly known as v3) extension.
> V2 support if you want but I think once v2.1 is fully merged and
> tested (which may not be that far away at all) we should freeze v2 and
> rely just on v2.1 for new features. Otherwise the interaction between
> v2.1 being exactly equivalent to v2 plus having microversion support
> for v2.1 will get a bit confusing.
> As the other Chris mentioned, the first step however is to get a
> nova-spec submitted which needs to fully describe the API additions
> that you want to make.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
>     BR
>
>     --
>     Pasquale Porreca
>
>     DEK Technologies
>     Via dei Castelli Romani, 22
>     00040 Pomezia (Roma)
>
>     Mobile +39 3394823805 <tel:%2B39%203394823805>
>     Skype paskporr

Pasquale Porreca

DEK Technologies
Via dei Castelli Romani, 22