[openstack-dev] Query regarding vRouters & Openstack

Li Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 04:54:53 UTC 2014

Here are several hints:

1. Brocade has implemented a service plugin [1] for vRouter using its
own vyatta image(seems not free and open sourced), but you can read the
plugin source code as reference.

2. Here's a new method [2] for L3 fabric. It's totally open source and
can use any routing stack, like quagga or bird.

I've tested the second method. It works pretty well.
[1]
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/tree/master/neutron/services/l3_router/brocade
[2]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-October/049150.html