[openstack-dev] [all] testtools 1.2.0 release breaks the world

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Nov 15 22:06:36 UTC 2014

On 16 November 2014 09:06, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 16 November 2014 03:25, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>> Testtools 1.2.0 release apparently broke subunit.run discover --list
>> which breaks the way that tempest calls the test chain. No tempest runs
>> have passed since it's release.
> I think everyone is aware that releases have some risk, and doing them
> cavalierly would be bad. But running with stale dependencies isn't
> going to be part of the test matrix upstream, since the entire project
> goal is to fold all its learning into upstream: as things move
> upstream we have to depend on newer releases of those components (via
> things like unittest2, importlib2, traceback2 etc etc).

We did find a further issue, which was due to the use of setUpClass in
tempest (a thing that testtools has never supported per se - its
always been a happy accident that it worked). I've hopefully fixed
that in 1.3.0 and we're babysitting tempest now to see.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist