[openstack-dev] [all] testtools 1.2.0 release breaks the world

Dave Walker email at daviey.com
Sat Nov 15 19:38:18 UTC 2014

On 15 November 2014 14:25, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
> Testtools 1.2.0 release apparently broke subunit.run discover --list
> which breaks the way that tempest calls the test chain. No tempest runs
> have passed since it's release.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134705/ is a requirements pin, though I
> think because of grenade this is actually going to have to be laddered
> up from icehouse => juno => master.
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I2f8737b44c703c3094d6bbb6580993f86a571934,n,z
>
> It's probably half a day babysitting getting all the pins in place to
> make the world work again. I'm offline from here on out for the weekend,
> but I'll put a +2/+A on all of these so if someone wants to recheck them
> in the right order to land them, they can get things fixed.
>
> Also... lets try not to release libraries on Fridays before disappearing
> for the weekend... please. Pretty please.
>
>         -Sean
>
> --
> Sean Dague
> http://dague.net

This change has landed in stable/icehouse but...

stable/juno is currently blocked by oslo.messaging Master which
introduces oslo.middleware, which is not part of stable/juno.  I have
added pinning to stable/juno global-requirements via
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/134727/

This should unblock stable/juno, allowing this to progress.

Please be reviewing :)

--
Kind Regards,
Dave Walker