[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Waiting for Haproxy backends

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Fri Nov 14 22:51:46 UTC 2014

Good plan, but I really hate the name of this blueprint. I think we
should stop lumping different unrelated HA improvements into a single
blueprint with a generic name like that, especially when we already
had a blueprint with essentially the same name
(ha-pacemaker-improvements). There's nothing wrong with having 4
trivial but specific blueprints instead of one catch-all.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 4:10 AM, Aleksandr Didenko
<adidenko at mirantis.com> wrote:
> HI,
>
> in order to make sure some critical Haproxy backends are running (like mysql
> or keystone) before proceeding with deployment, we use execs like [1] or
> [2].
>
> We're currently working on a minor improvements of those execs, but there is
> another approach - we can replace those execs with puppet resource providers
> and move all the iterations/loops/timeouts logic there. Also we should fail
> catalog compilation/run if those resource providers are not able to ensure
> needed Haproxy backends are up and running. Because there is no point to
> proceed with deployment if keystone is not running, for example.
>
> If no one objects, I can start implementing this for Fuel-6.1. We can
> address it as a part of pacemaker improvements BP [3] or create a new BP.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-library/blob/master/deployment/puppet/osnailyfacter/manifests/cluster_ha.pp#L551-L572
> [2]
> https://github.com/stackforge/fuel-library/blob/master/deployment/puppet/openstack/manifests/ha/mysqld.pp#L28-L33