[openstack-dev] [nova] mapping of hypervisor support matrix to driver functions - agenda?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 16:32:59 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 05:26:44PM +0100, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> In preparation to the blueprint "libvirt-kvm-systemz" [1] we made an
> analysis of the mapping of the driver functions to the hypervisor
> support matrix features [2]. We could provide that information for the
> wiki page. Should we discuss that up front in a nova meeting?

One of the items that came out of the design summit is to produce a
formal document to detail so called "capabilities" of virtualization
drivers, to replace what's currently in the wiki page you quote, and
ultimately provide a much higher level of detail.

Myself & Mikal had volunteered to do this, and expect that it will
finally take the form of a structured document living in the Nova
git repository docs directory.

Your mapping might prove to be useful input. Perhaps just create a
new wiki page and upload it in whatever format you currently have
it in, and we'll work forwards from there.

> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/libvirt-kvm-systemz
> [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/HypervisorSupportMatrix

Regards,
Daniel