[openstack-dev] LTFS integration with OpenStack Swift for scenario like - Data Archival as a Service .

Sachin Goswami Sachin.Goswami at tcs.com
Fri Nov 14 06:19:08 UTC 2014

Hi ,
We would like to know your opinion about the same.

In OpenStack Swift - xfs file system is integrated which provides a
maximum file system size of 8 exbibytes minus one byte (263-1 bytes). We
are studying use of LTFS integration with OpenStack Swift for scenario
like - Data Archival as a Service .

Was integration of LTFS with Swift considered before? If so, can you
please share your study output?
Will integration of LTFS with Swift fit into existing Swift architecture ?

We would like to know your opinion about the same and pros / cons.
LTFS Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_Tape_File_System

Best Regards
Sachin Goswami