[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Separate horizon and openstack_dashboard

Radomir Dopieralski openstack at sheep.art.pl
Thu Nov 13 18:57:50 UTC 2014

On 30/10/14 13:13, Matthias Runge wrote:
> I tried that in [3], [4]. I renamed openstack_dashboard to
> openstack_horizon, rather than horizon to be sure, I really catched all
> imports etc., and to make sure, it's clear, what component is meant.
> During this process, the name horizon is a bit ambiguous.

Thank you for doing this, it helps a lot!

[snip]

> So, how do we proceed from here?
> - how do we block the gate

I have no idea, in the past we just -2-ed all patches temporarily?

> - how to create a new repo
> - how to set up ci for the new project?

That shouldn't be too complicated. Basically you send a patch to
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config and have it accepted
by the infra team. I suppose we will copy most of the current horizon
setup. It will help to have someone from infra helping us on that.

> - how to integrate new horizon_lib and horizon (or openstack-horizon) to
> devstack

I suppose we have to reach out to the devstack people for that.

--
Radomir Dopieralski