[openstack-dev] [Neutron] VMware networking support

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Thu Nov 13 12:38:02 UTC 2014

Hi,
A few months back we started to work on a umbrella spec for Vmware networking support (https://review.openstack.org/#/c/105369). There are a number of different proposals for a number of different use cases. In addition to providing one another with an update of our progress we need to discuss the following challenges:

  *   At the summit there was talk about splitting out vendor code from the neutron code base. The aforementioned specs are not being approved until we have decided what we as a community want/need. We need to understand how we can continue our efforts and not be blocked or hindered by this debate.
  *   CI updates - in order to provide a new plugin we are required to provide CI (yes, this is written in stone and in some cases marble)
  *   Additional support may be required in the following:
     *   Nova - for example Neutron may be exposing extensions or functionality that requires Nova integrations
     *   Devstack - In order to get CI up and running we need devatck support

As a step forwards I would like to suggest that we meeting at #openstack-vmware channel on Tuesday at 15:00 UTC. Is this ok with everyone?
Thanks
Gary