[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Changing our weekly meeting format

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 12:15:29 UTC 2014

This was discussed in the Contributor Meetup on Friday at the Summit
but I think it's important to share on the mail list too so we can get
more opnions/suggestions/comments about it.

In the Ironic weekly meeting we dedicate a good time of the meeting to
do some announcements, reporting bug status, CI status, oslo status,
specific drivers status, etc... It's all good information, but I
believe that the mail list would be a better place to report it and
then we can free some time from our meeting to actually discuss
things.

Are you guys in favor of it?

If so I'd like to propose a new format based on the discussions we had
in Paris. For the people doing the status report on the meeting, they
would start adding the status to an etherpad and then we would have a
responsible person to get this information and send it to the mail
list once a week.

For the meeting itself we have a wiki page with an agenda[1] which
everyone can edit to put the topic they want to discuss in the meeting
there, I think that's fine and works. The only change about it would
be that we may want freeze the agenda 2 days before the meeting so
people can take a look at the topics that will be discussed and
prepare for it; With that we can move forward quicker with the
discussions because people will be familiar with the topics already.

Let me know what you guys think.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Ironic

Lucas