[openstack-dev] [Horizon] the future of angularjs development in Horizon

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Thu Nov 13 01:39:05 UTC 2014

> On Nov 12, 2014, at 8:29 PM, Thomas Goirand <zigo at debian.org> wrote:
>
> On 11/12/2014 09:31 PM, Monty Taylor wrote:
>>> jshint is NOT free software.

>> Reasonable people disagree on this point.
>
> Feel free to have this debate with the entire Debian community. When
> you're done, then come back to us, and we can use jshint. In the mean
> while, let's not use it. (and by the way, read again the Debian Free
> Software Guideline and especially point number 5 and 6, I'm not saying
> that this is *my* point of argumentation, but it has been so within some
> threads in Debian).

The terrible line in the jshint license is going to go away in the future,
you can read https://github.com/jshint/jshint/issues/1234#issuecomment-56875247
but the tl;dr is that Doug Crockford gave Eclipse a license to his software
without that line, and eclipse is sharing it so jshint is going to rebase off
of the “Crockford” version and onto the Eclipse version.

---
Donald Stufft