[openstack-dev] Plans for removing xml support

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Nov 12 19:21:58 UTC 2014

On Nov 12, 2014, at 1:30 PM, David Kranz <dkranz at redhat.com> wrote:

> Code has started going into tempest for several projects (nova,neutron,keystone) to allow removal of xml support in kilo. There have been many (heated) off and on threads on this list over the years. I'm sure many projects would like to do this, but there is evidence that not all have an understanding that this is ok. Is this a TC issue? If so, could there be a clear statement about xml support?

Sean started a thread on the TC mailing list at the beginning of the year [1] which led to a discussion at the meeting on Jan 21 [2]. The current documented policy for incubated projects is “at least a JSON entity representation” [3].

Doug

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-tc/2014-January/000494.html
[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/tc/2014/tc.2014-01-21-20.03.log.html
[3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/incubation-integration-requirements.rst#n51