[openstack-dev] [neutron] Neutron mid-cycle announcement

marios marios at redhat.com
Wed Nov 12 11:30:47 UTC 2014

On 12/11/14 12:55, Anita Kuno wrote:
> On 11/12/2014 11:06 AM, Salvatore Orlando wrote:

>>> between
>>> be

>>> thanks very much for your kind offer Anita :) - my gut feeling is that
>>> this kind of funding shouldn't be used to subsidize travel for corporate
>>> engineers, but it is excellent to know it is there regardles.
>>>

>> You should not see yourself as evil and not worth using foundation budget
>> just because you work for a private enterprise!
>> After all - it's corporations like yours and mine which fund OpenStack.
>> If for any reason your employer can' authorise your travel, and - obviously
>> - if you want to come, you should probably do as Anita suggests.
> Thanks Salvadore.
>
> Please start by talking to your manager, marios, if they are willing to
> finance any part of your travel (accommodation or food) that is a start.
> We can see about organizing car pooling for you. I have a friend in Lehi
> who has recommended I rent a car which I am planning on doing. We can
> work with others who rent cars to ensure you have a ride to and from the
> airport, to meetings, to restaurants and whereever else you need to travel.
>
> The main decision point is if you want to come. If you want to come we
> will do our best to help you attend. But only you can make that
> decision. Do let use know what you want.

thanks again Anita and Salvatore: as I said before I don't think it
makes sense for this one (Salv: I am in Cyprus, so there is at least an
additional hop into EU for connection). I will make use of whatever
means are made available for remote participation but to reiterate, I
don't anticipate issues with the l2/dhcp functional tests. If it really
is too much of a pain to setup audio/hangout for remotees then I will do
my best to catchup/follow any related discussions (thanks Salvatore, I
will look out for the testing session/working table or related discussion),

thanks again, have an excellent day!

marios