[openstack-dev] [all] Key signing at the summit?

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Nov 11 00:44:47 UTC 2014

On 10/27/2014 02:07 PM, Mark Atwood wrote:
> keybase.io is a web service that provides an independently provable
> binding between your social media and github identities, and your gpg
> key.

Please *do not* advertize for this kind of site. It's already a travesty
that we're intensively using things like github which itself is a
non-free SaaS model. (Because I had to, I also did some "pull requests"
there, but I always feel bad when I do.)

"Social medias" like Facebook and the like are simply evil. It's IMO
also a travesty to call them this way, but anyway... Fooling users of
both (github & the social medias) to believe they may be "safer" using
PGP to prove their ID on these is crazy. It's even crazier for me to
believe some people may dive into the foolishness it represents.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)