[openstack-dev] [Chef] Deprecated database settings?

Ken Thomas krt at yahoo-inc.com
Mon Nov 10 18:23:37 UTC 2014

Greetings all,
I'm looking at the nova.conf template in the most recent/Juno Chef recipe [1] and I noticed that it's using the deprecated "sql_connection" setting in [DEFAULT] rather than the "connection" setting in the [DATABASE] section [2].  In fact, I don't see any [DATABASE] section at all in nova.conf.erb (or in any other Chef recipes) with the other useful settings like slave_connection, min_pool_size, etc.
Am I missing something? If they need to be added, I'll be happy to help out.
Thanks,
Ken

[1] https://github.com/stackforge/cookbook-openstack-compute/blob/master/templates/default/nova.conf.erb[2https://github.com/openstack/oslo.db/blob/stable/juno/oslo/db/options.py#L36