[openstack-dev] [Horizon] Separate horizon and openstack_dashboard

Matthias Runge mrunge at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 11:19:09 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 01:13:48PM +0100, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hi,
>
> tl;dr: how to progreed in separating horizon and openstack_dashboard
>
> About a year ago now we agreed, it makes sense to separate horizon and
> openstack_dashboard.

At the past summit, we discussed this again. Currently, our repo
contains two directories: horizon and openstack_dashboard, they both
will need new names.

We discussed a renaming in the past; the former consensus was:
rename horizon to horizon_lib and
rename openstack_dashboard to horizon.

IMHO that doesn't make any sense and will confuse people a lot. I
wouldn't object to rename horizon to horizon_lib, although any other
name, e.g django-horizon should be fine as well.

openstack_dashboard is our official name; people from outside refer to
the Dashboard as Horizon, why not rename to openstack_horizon here?

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at redhat.com>