[openstack-dev] [qa] [neutron] local.conf for devstack using neutron on home network

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Fri Nov 7 16:20:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, 7 Nov 2014, Collins, Sean wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 02:16:52PM CET, Chris Dent wrote:
>> What I hope to have at the end of this process is a nicely commented
>> local.conf that I can post somewhere for people who want a similar
>> thing.
>
> Yes, and I hope my patchset will accomplish this, I just need to make
> changes to it based on both your feedback on the review, as well as
> in-person discussions with Dean Troyer.

Awesome. Sorry about my tone in those comments. I was in the midst
of one the longer efforts to get things working (many edits to
lib/neutron, many dives in to `ip netns wtf`) and stumbled upon that
review and was initially \o/ and then :(.

> It is currently adapted from notes for my multi-node lab that contains
> dual interfaces and provider networking. I am working to address your
> comments about using a single interface, although some additions may
> need to be done to DevStack to add the public interface to the bridge
> and re-assign the IP address, similar to what Nova-Network does.

I'll keep track of that review and if there are others that I can
test please give me a shout.

Thanks.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent